With it’s cool, contoured surfaces and innovative features, the Thermo Scientific HistoStar embedding center delivers real improvements in user comfort and productivity.
- Cool and contoured-All user contact points are smooth and insulated providing a cool and comfortable workplace.Pressure points and uncomfortable heated areas are eliminated.
- Well lit and clutter free-Cool LED lighting provides specimen illumination at 5 user selectable intensities, without the clutter of awkward remote lighting. A low profile dispense head further enhances specimen visibility.
- High capacity-With its large capacity tissue storage tank the HistoStar is capable of accepting baskets from any tissue processor. The 5 liter paraffin reservoir and large area cold plate have been designed for maximum productivity in the busiest of laboratories.
- Any sample size handled with ease-Histostar is the first embedding center to incorporate an adjustable paraffin dispenser paddle. A simple adjustment moves the paddle to accommodate the samples you are working with. Even Super Mega Cassettes can be embedded with ease.
- Intuitive Interface-Large easy to read touch screen display allows quick access to precise temperature controls and other parameters. Programmable “sleep” mode saves energy and accommodates user workflow.
- Full accessory range-Optimise your HIstoStar embedding system with a wide range of tools and accessories; including: tamping tools, heated forceps, magnifier and foot pedal.
- Integrated Thermo Scientific Paratrimmer-The only embedding center with a heated wax trimmer built directly into the work space. Now excess paraffin can be removed during the embedding process without the need for additional equipment.
- Dependable Performance- The robust design of the HistoStar minimises moving parts, reducing wear and service requirements and thus ensuring dependable performance for years to come.